LinkedIn is the more “professional” social network of the Big Tree. It lets users create what amounts to an online resume and connect with other peers — be it friends, colleagues, or other business associates — through online networking.
- The “six-degrees” nature of the site allows you to reach out to people through
- already existing connections.
- Profles are straightforward and connections can be easily made.
- Not a lot of “noise” and clutter.
- Allows for Question and Answer inquiries with a professional slant.
- It’s the smallest of the Big Tree social networks, though its population
- is growing.It’s a more stodgy environment, which doesn’t convey fun.
- Job seekers are more active on the site than those already employed.
- People use the site for purely professional purposes, so marketing messages are not always welcome.