Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (SMEs) in Fiji can apply for a Business Link Pacific SME Adaptation Grant to help overcome the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on their business.
Adaptation Grants provide funding for stabilisation and recovery of business operations, as well as business advisory support. The Business Link Pacific SME Adaptation Grant program is managed by Business Link Pacific (BLP), a private sector development programme funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and delivered by DT-Global.
Who can apply for a Business Link Pacific SME Adaptation Grant?
Fiji SMEs are invited to present proposals that protect and expand their current revenue, safeguard and create new jobs and keep businesses in operation for the long-term.
SMEs are businesses that employ up to 50 people.
We encourage applications from women, youth, vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, as well as businesses looking to expand their market reach through export and offshore provision of business services.
What funding is available through the Business Link Pacific SME Adaptation Grant Program?
Business Link Pacific SME Adaptation Grants will be awarded based on business size with grants of
- up to NZD 5,000 available to businesses with up to 5 employees
- up to NZD 10,000 to businesses with up to 20 employees,
- up to NZD 15,000 for businesses with up to 50 employees
Eligible project activities will help your business to change, access new markets or adjust to a new environment, including the impacts of COVID-19.
These may include:
- Contracting professional business advisory services
- Contracting technical services
- Purchasing materials or equipment
- Working capital (e.g., buying stock)
- Offering equity for a loan
BLP are keen to see proposals from businesses seeking to adopt new technology to enable their digital transformation, as well as projects that support climate change resilience and adaptation.
Grants are not for
- funding payroll
- paying rent
- meeting other normal day-to-day operating overheads
- purchasing goods and services not directly related to your business adaptation plan
- paying debts
- property acquisition
For more information
The Grant application process is managed online.
Go to the BLP Finance Facility Portal for more information and full eligibility criteria.
Help is available. Applicants who are unable to access the website should email [email protected] for assistance.